About this opportunity
Factiverse is a research-based startup specializing in using AI and ML to make a difference in the media industry and beyond. Behind Factiverse’s products lies one of the most advanced AI models and state-of-the-art client/server architecture. And behind these cutting-edge technologies is a diverse group of engineers and scientists.
You will work alongside our tech team responsible for building end-to-end production software for content production including fact checking, bias detection, claim detection and fact box creation. You will contribute directly to one or more of these products.
As part of our student summer programme, you will spend 2-3 months working with different tasks, continuously facing new challenges, learning new skills and playing an active role in further developing Factiverse’s products.
Who you are
- – Passionate about one or more areas in computer science such as fullstack, frontend, data science and NLP.
- – Proven academic record.
- – Experience with student projects within the area of web development, data science and databases.
- – Familiar with data science libraries such as panda, numpy, tensorflow/keras, pytorch, databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache).
- – Excellent communication, teamwork and organizational skills with attention to detail.
Appetite to learn– Multitude of programming languages from client side to backend.
– Container based applications such as Docker, LXC.
– Adding to existing Flask applications or Django and/or FastAPI frameworks.
– Working with RESTful API.
– Writing developer copy/documentation.
What you’ll do
- – Implement awesome features in our products and make a direct impact to our customers.
- – Build tools to collect data and feedback.
- – Design and train novel ML models and cutting-edge NLU models such as Transformer architectures.
- – Write efficient data analysis code and scripts.
What we offer
- – Mentorship from experienced researchers, engineers and scientists.
- – Competitive compensation for a summer job.
- – Flexible work hours.
- – Opportunities for personal and professional development.
- – A diverse workforce with 7+ nationalities.
- – Work in an innovative and supportive atmosphere at ipark Stavanger or StartupLab Oslo.
Factiverse was founded in 2019 with the goal is to help journalists and content creators to do their best work and stop the spread of misinformation. Our mission is to support media with automated tools to help them avoid the many pitfalls of misinformation. Our goal is to support their ambition of balanced and fair reporting.
Factiverse has been growing. Over the last year, we expanded our team, secured funding, and developed our first proto-types in the fight against fake news. Together with researchers, journalists and the media we are now making it easier and faster than ever to access credible sources online.
If this sounds interesting, get in touch!
To apply please send your CV, motivation letter and certificates/grade transcripts.
Our CTO – Vinay Setty
Send your application no later than 1st of March 2022. You will hear from us by the 1st of April 2022.
At Factiverse, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at developing better solutions and serving our customers.